Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 2 hr 10 min
Description: These delicious and simple cereal dessert bars topped with a sweetened cream cheese layer with colorful berries are way easier than they look. In fact, you can serve this easy dessert as a weekend family treat, or bring them to parties!
3 cups of Very Berry Cheerios Cereal
1/2 cup of butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries), rinsed and drained
- Heat oven to 350*F. Line 8-inch square pan with foil, leaving extra foil over sides of pan. Meanwhile, crush the cereal. In a medium bowl, mixed crushed cereal and melted butter; stir until mixed well. Press mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer or medium speed until fluffy and smooth. Carefully spread onto cooled crust; top with berries.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Remove bars from pan by overhanging foil. Cut into 3 X 3 rows and serve.
1. Remember to heat oven to 350*F before you start other instructions!
2. Be careful when lifting foil!